Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Carnival Cruise Lines has changed alot

Sail Date: April 05, 2014

I have traveled on Carnival 6 times since the early 80s.  I have seen it change in quality and accomodations since then. On this last cruise we decided it will be our last cruise with Carnival.  The rooms on this ship " The Miracle"  looked worn out.  The clenliness of the room was just ok. The halls and rooms smell a little stale. The food was  " OK" but nothing amazing.  I can say it was a great deal for the price we got it at so I cannot complain as far as the " value"  but if I was paying the full price I would have been very disappointed.  The first room we got was located directly under the bandstand of the lounge we found out was directly above us.  Make sure you do not take a room anywhere near any of the lounges or theatres or do not expect to get any sleep.  Thanks to the Guest Services Supervisor we were able to get our room changed and got to enjoy the rest of our ship.  Many of the employees we got to know told us the same thing in that Carnival has changed how they operate and are having the employees do multi duties so the jobs do not get done as well as if they had one person do each individual job. That is evident in the clenliness of the ship. If you get a good deal its a good value for the price .  But if you are looking for a real treat you may want to consider paying more and going with another cruise line.  Also The intinerary from the West Coast is very limited now and seems they only go to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. For a 7 day you only get two ports.

They did the best they could for us and were very friendly
really corny

If you want a good wake up call schedule coffee delivery in the morning and you will have you wake up and coffee at the same time.