Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I'm hooked!!!!

Sail Date: September 08, 2007

This was my first time going on a cruise and I'm ready to book my next one! I had an absolutely fabulous time. We had a balcony stateroom, which was the perfect size with lots of drawers and closet space for your things and it was cleaned about 3 times a day! The food was delicious, the main dining room Bacchus, made you feel like you were eating at a great restaurant every night. There were also other options if you wanted a more casual dinner. There were loads of activities to keep you busy while at sea, Carnival Capers was outlined perfectly so you know what's happeneing when & where. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, I didn't have not even one rude encounter. Even though I had an amazing experience, there were a couple of things that could be improved. First the embarkation/debarkation process is very tedious and unorganized. We were on numerous lines for about 2.5 hours just to get on the ship. I understand there is a large number of people that need to be screened, but there has to be a better, more efficient way. Second, there were only 3 pools/hot tubs and all 3 were quite small. Forget about trying to actually swim in them, they seem to be more for just taking a dip. If you didn't get to the pool early, you could forget about getting in unless you wanted to be squeezed in like sardines. Nevertheless I would definitely recommend, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: LOTS of fun activities/shows, cleanliness of staterooms, friendly staff, delicious food

Cons: Small pools/hottubs tend to get and stay crowded, Embarkation process needs work

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did a sightseeing tour, which took us all around the island. We were able to see how the locals live, which was cool.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
This was the port of call I enjoyed most. We went on the sightseeing and Cane Bay tour, which was phenomenal. The guide took us up these really steep hills to the highest point where we were about to see breathtaking views of the island below. Then we went to Cane Bay, which is one of Tortola's beautiful beaches. The water was so warm, calm and clear, I didn't want to leave!
Don't Miss: Cane Bay
San Juan, Puerto Rico
My experience here was so-so. I think the 7 hours or so that I spent didn't do it justice, I would probably need to spend more time there in order to appreciate it. I did go to Barrachina, the restaurant which says they are the birthplace of the pina colada. It didn't taste any better or worse than drinks I've had here in NY.
Don't Miss: The forts, absolutely great views and a glimpse of history
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't Miss: The forts, absolutely great views and a glimpse of history
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Don't Miss: Cane Bay