Exceptional

Carnival Magic Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 07, 2021

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 11215

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Nassau was Nassau. I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely, unspoiled state of Half moon cay. When you compare it with the amusement park atmosphere of CocoCay, it is the clear winner.

Embarkation

Embarkation went completely smoothly. My mother was riding a mobility scooter, which she was not used to. Everyone from the port staff and the cruise line was extremely helpful and kind to her.

Ship experiences

We used the main dining room for all dinners. It was lovely and our waiter, Romeo was a doll. Every thing went well. Every piece of bread I got on the ship was stale except for a single baguette on night three. I think there needs to be some work done on the bakery service.

There was always something to do. My mom needed less active activities and the selection did not disappoint.

We went to several shows and games during the trip. We had such a great time! There were offerings appropriate for all ages, and the audience participation made it so much better

I didn’t meet a single staff member who disappointed me in any way. They were all lovely. Shout out to Adi, our room steward. The unexpected services we had to receive were exceptional. My young niece died back home during our cruise. My twin sister, her mother was with me. Carnival instantly made international calling available to us, and allowed us to disembark with the platinum and diamond guests to expedite our sorrowful journey home. More than that, they offered to have MDR dinner delivered to our room (though we declined), and asked if my sister required medical attention after we received the news. Our room steward checked on us multiple times. They were extremely kind to us and made an unbearably tragedy just a bit easier to go through.

Extremely clean and well maintained. Confusing deck plan.

Cloud 9 Spa Suite. Well appointed and comfortable. We appreciated the robes and slippers as well as the access to the spa areas. The room was generously sized, as was the balcony. When we arrived, the last guest’s makeup and perfume were in the drawer of our dressing room. Everything else was spotless.

Ship tip

Book specialty dining early! We couldn’t get a steakhouse reservation. Don’t miss the carnival deli!

Disembarkation

Perfect. Absolutely no complaints. In fact, one of the best debarkation experiences I have ever had.