1st Time on Carnival!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

5 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 04, 2021

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7397

Traveled as: Couple

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

This was our first Carnival cruise, and we enjoyed it. I do not think we would have enjoyed it at full capacity as it felt “full” at just 60%. The food was very good. The activities and shows were ok. The bed was more comfy than those we have had on other ships. All in all! Happy!

Embarkation

It wasn’t bad, but social distancing during embarkation was significantly lacking. Waited maybe 45 minutes to board at the most.

Ship experiences

We were honestly not expecting much based on the reviews we had heard, but we’re VERY pleasantly surprised with all of the “free” options. To be honest the worst food we had was that which we paid extra for: SeaFood Shack & Park Cafe Sweets. The Guys burgers and Iguana Cantina Taco Salad were very fresh! The prime rib and steaks ( we did pay extra and were very pleased here) in the dining room were perfectly cooked to order! We did buy the drink package and feel it was worthwhile for trying new things. I asked if maybe it was so much better than other reviews due to reduced capacity, but we were very pleased!

Ship felt very confined in some hallways, and we did not like that you have to walk through the lido in swimwear to get to pools/ elevators. In general, it was clean and very well kept for the age of the ship!

It was a standard balcony room and size. The decor was tired and red/orange. It was clean and in decent shape. ***I don’t like that cruise lines are going the route of soap dispensers on the wall in the showers. Glad I took my own! The bed was more comfy than we have had on other ships!!

Ship tip

Grab some cake from the Lido at lunch and put it in your fridge for a late night snack!

Traveler Photos