Back on the Magic!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 22, 2015
Ship: Carnival Magic

Celebrated our 30th anniversary on the boat, so how awesome is that? Got applause from the whole formal dining area when I dropped on one knee and asked my wife for another 30 years...and of course influenced her answer with a new wedding ring.Happy

The stops were all great, and excursions a blast.  Grand Cayman was really enjoyable. We snorkeled out at a sunken U.S. Navy vessel, the USS Kittiwake.  One of the best excursions I've ever done.  Jamaica was a very different experience.  The extreme zip lining was so much fun, but the true adventure came in riding with a cabbie.  I've lived through high-speed pursuits and rappelled down the sides of tall buildings, but the adrenaline rush of just knowing you're about to die in the back seat of a Jamaican cab is unmatched by it all.  Last stop was Cozumel, for some speed boats and snorkeling.  Highly recommended, especially in 4-6 foot seas.  Those boats will get airborne.  Fantastic trip overall, although I would willingly replace Jamaica with another stop, or maybe I'll attempt one to Ocho Rios instead of Montego Bay in the future.  I've been told that's completely different as well.

Got upgraded from deck 6 for $40...smoking deal. Had horrible neighbors on this cruise who were steadily gettin' their drink on at 3:00am every morning. Still say, a bad day on a cruise beats a good day at work.
Get a quote from your cabbie BEFORE you get in the car.
Underwater camera is a must!