Ship, Staff, Cuisine, Entertainment, Activities are the best!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 13, 2014
Ship: Carnival Magic

This was my first cruise in 25 years. I took along my 13-year-old daughter.

We were treated like royalty. Each night, the restaurant manager Georgianna in the upstairs in the main dining room worked with the ship's chef to offer my daughter a different, delicious menu of choices matching her rather challenging vegan diet needs. She was impressed and ate each and every dish with vigor. After dinner, the daily and nightly activities were numerous and exciting.

Cowboy Bill, the comedian, was hilarious. Bob, the lounge singer/piano master, was entertaining, had a deep reportoire of oldies and goodies, is a great entertainer ("Holy ship, come on in!") and I, along with my brother and his pals closed the place up several nights. The theater extravaganzas including the illutionist and his crew were amazing. Capt. Antonio Marchetti commanded the entire operation with the touch of a Da Vinci. Guest Services always met me with a smile and a "yes." Ditto the hotel management pros. All were delightful folks.

Shore excursions were a great value,  interesting, fun and always on time. Bravo to them too. Can you tell that we had a great time. I'm already planning my next getaway, this time with my wife and daughter. Of course we'll book the Magic.

Delicious!

I never ran short of things to do or explore.

Beyond belief!

My daughter votes "great."

Attentive, professional, prompt!

The best!

Requested and received a room change mid-trip. VERY happy with the change.

Best to eat in the main dining rooms. Lido deck had the longest lines. Book early to get best room choice. Buy the unlimited drink service. A real money saver.

Allow plenty of time to get on to ship.
Ziplining was fabulous. Take sunscreen
Nothing on shore; take the snorkeling excursion.
Take the Paradise Beach excursion or just take a taxi into town and shop and relax.