Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ladies trip

Sail Date: May 19, 2013

I have traveled with Royal Caribbean and Princess. I was very impressed with the food on Carnival Magic. The Prime Steakhouse is a MUST! The Italian restaurant is fabulous. The salad bar on Deck 5 at "noon" is wonderful. I was not crazy about the buffet on the Lido Deck. The formal dining in the evening has a wonderful menu selection. The "Melting Chocolate Cake" is a must have! Room Service could have stepped it up for a stateroom that occupied three persons. Comedy shows were great. Night club was neat, due to the 10p-11p theme nights. Not crazy about the 30 minute wait to get off the ship at some ports, due to immigration? They know were coming. Why do they have to take our time away from us, paying customers? The waterslide was fun, but scratched your back. The connected segments were not smooth? I hate that you have to buy an 8x10 for $21.99 on everything except the dining pictures and embarkation photos. It would be nice to be able to have a choice on either a 5x7 or 6x9 on every photo taken. Who decorates their house in all 8x10's? The movie screen seemed alittle small and dingy? Carnival Magic does not have alot of "go all out" theme nights like Royal Caribbean. They had one "Fiesta night" buffet, not very fancy. All in all it was a fun vacation for the value. I can not stress enough how wonderful the specialty restaurants were and the price was NOT bad.
Ship was built in 2011, so that is good.
Specialty restaurants "excellent"!
Not enough service for three persons. Beds comfortable.
Every ship is different.
That I could see. I have no children.
Yoga and Pilates was nice and reasonably priced.
Loved the Chukka 4x4 tour in Jamaica. Swim w/dolphins and lunch in Cozumel dream come true!
Galveston, Texas
Very organized.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Chukka 4x4 tour!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Snorkel Barrier Reef advertised a catamaran? NOT!
"Great"! Swim w/dolphins AND lunch a must do and the fajitas are wonderful!

Arrive at the formal dining 30 minutes prior to opening, as the line gets long. Don't stress to much about "formal night". It is not too strict if your not wearing sequins. Keep your receipts for any purchases so you won't be surprised, because it is easy to forget.

1 Comment