Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Fun Cruise on a Fun Ship

Sail Date: March 31, 2013

I choose this rating for many reasons. This was my first cruise, and with all of the recent issues with Carnival, I was concerned, but from the moment I reached the airport to the time I disembarked the boat, I felt extremely well treated and pleasantly surprised.

To start, the cruise was very affordable compared to similar boat sizes. The boat had a ton of activities, with a nice ropes course, fun water slides, and great adults only areas. We were sold on the 1 week spa pass, and it was certainly worth its cost.

While not always AMAZING, the food was at least decent, and usually excellent. Lunch always had several options, and I particularly enjoyed the option of indian, stir fry, or burritos. Dinner always had pretty good options, and some nights it was absolutely delicious, particularly a few steak dishes, and the seafood. A few nights they missed a bit on seasoning or cooking time, but I always was able to find something.

The staff was always kind, engaging, and willing to help.

The cruise shows were very good, especially the magic shows and comedy shows.

I felt like the cruise was ran well, my needs were met, and if there were issues, they were dealt with accordingly and promptly. I would certainly go on this boat again.

Cruise Photos

Clean, new, well designed spaces
With only a few exceptions, always good choice
Well maintained
Sometimes a few lulls for my age, but always plenty on the schedule.
Galveston, Texas
Just went straight to the boat, but very cute, many restaurants right by the pier.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Great for jungle excusions
George Town, Grand Cayman
Great for reef snorkeling
Rather far from beaches, limited restaurants nearby, need to get transport to most activities.

Get tot he comedy club 30 minutes early to sit. Pre-buy excursions for the easiest time. Lacking a few key toiletries for purchase, so try not to forget them. Be sure to explore the whole Lido deck, there are several options! The serenity deck is SUPER comfy, but fills up quick!

1 Comment