Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

birthday cruise 2013

Sail Date: February 03, 2013

I sailed on the Magic with 4 other people ,I was on the Rivera deck close to the front of the ship.The room was excellent, roomy with a shower and a tub.This was my 12th cruise with Carnival, the second on the Magic.I didnt care for the movies that were shown on the outside theater, they were boring and were the same movies that were shown on my last cruise on this ship 6 months ago.They need to add some other contest geared toward men since the Hairy chest contest is mostly for womans entertainment.How about a Big Butt contest ,or wet T shirt ,for the men? Also while the ship in in ports it is like a ghost town if you choose not to get off the ship things to do are very limited.I thought by cruising in Feb. I would avoid a lot of children on the ship but no it was full of them .How do they get out of school during that time?They were playing with the elevators,horseplaying Ect. The food on the Lido deck was good on some days ,bad on others while the Northern lights dining was better on the nights that I ate there. Got off the ship in Jamacia and was told that they are no longer stamping your Passports if you dont fly in on a plane and they were not friendly at all. The Caymans was different had no problem there.Cozuemel was wonderful as always overall the cruise was a bout an 8 on a scale of 1-10
Ship is fairly new
it depends on what night you eat and where
room was excellent
loved the Magic show
they are lacking in thios area
Galveston, Texas
marti Gras was going on when we left
Montego Bay, Jamaica
left a bad taste in my mouth
George Town, Grand Cayman
ok but expensive
plenty to do ,lot of places to shop

1 Comment