Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Could have been better, could have been worse

Sail Date: May 16, 2016

Carnival cruise lines seems to care more about flipping their ships back out to sea as opposed to resolving issues with the vessel prior to embarking on another journey. We were notified of bow thruster issues a day or two prior to departure, however, it did not affect our vacation as Carnival had secured tug boats to assist in the Ports of Call. The biggest complaint I had during the cruise was the closure of the running/walking trail on one of the top decks of the ship 1 day into the cruise, and it remained closed for the duration of the cruise. This is something that could easily have been repaired with more than 8 hours in port between cruises instead of stealing that luxury away from the passengers. The only option that left me with was working out in the gym, I much prefer to work out outdoors, so this was frustrating. There were also other repairs taking place during the cruise as well, that again, could be resolved with more time in port.

The staff were mostly friendly and helpful. It was a relaxing vacation and while the itinerary was ok, I believe Progreso (Yucatan) could be replaced, it is tedious getting inland to the activities. Our cruise director was excellent at briefing us on what was going on as well as leading the guests in various events. I would cruise with Carnival again, but I would seriously consider other avenues first prior to booking. I want to be ensured that everything is fully functional aboard the ship prior to departure.

Thank you.

I loved our stateroom while we were in it. The balcony was nice, the only thing that could be changed is the balcony rails. I do understand for the sake of safety that undoubtedly must be at a certain height, however, when you are sitting in the chairs on the balcony, you are staring directly at the rail. It would be nice to have chairs that sat up a little higher where you can relax, and look out to sea while cruising. Aside from that I was thoroughly satisfied with the stateroom accommodations.
This is a tedious process no matter how well it is handled. Carnival does a good job of getting passengers on and off the ship in as timely of a manner as possible.
The ship was fine, however, please leave the ship in port long enough between cruises to make all necessary repairs.
Cozumel was fantastic, I enjoyed the diving and the town. Progreso on the other hand left much to be desired, I stayed on the ship most of the day as I did not care to deal with the shuttle bus system getting back and forth on the long distance between the Pier and the city.
The comedy club was excellent. As were the shows in the theater.
Galveston, Texas
I am a certified diver, I would recommend diving Cozumel to anyone.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I am sure there were things I missed, but my opinion and that of many passengers on the ship that I spoke with all shared the same view, could have done without this stop.