Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

What an Amazing Trip!

Sail Date: October 26, 2013

This was my first ever cruise.  I was unsure of what to expect.  It was a trip of many first for me: first time out of the country, first time to Miami, first major trip without my parents, first time to even see the ocean, etc.  My previous adult travel experience can be summed up by saying: Vegas.  If you've been, you know what I'm subtly implying with just that one word.  This trip was very different.  From my first steps onto the beach in Miami, to stepping into the ship and being awestruck by the beauty and elegance in the furnishings and decorations, to seeing so many people from such a variety of places.  The views from our balcony room were breathtaking.  Meals were scrumptious- especially that chocolate melting cake!!  Half Moon Cay was gorgeous and peaceful.  The people in St. Thomas made me feel like a princess!  San Juan brought an experience in the culture and local foods.  Grand Turk was simply stunning! Swimming in the ocean brought the first-time experience of having fish flitting between my feet.  The colors! It was a Halloween cruise, so the costume party and contest was so much fun.  It is always amazing to see just how creative people can get.  The bar staff were all so attentive, the room stewards were detail oriented, the wait staff informative and helpful, and every other employee was as friendly as if they had known us forever.  The only disappointment on this cruise was that we had to return home.

Cruise Photos

Just large enough for two or three, this room was wonderful. Mornings on the balcony with coffee and a book, just soaking in the sunshine and quiet of the ocean were wonderful. The room itself was large enough to serve, as we really didn't spend much time there. The bathroom and dressing area were on the small side, but were functional. The only thing I would have liked was maybe a holder to keep the curling or flat iron off the cabinet and maybe a USB outlet close to the bed for charging my camera/phone.
Miami, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Here you are the Princess. Shop. Go to the beach. Venture into the little flea-market style shopping area close to where the buses drop you off and pick you up to go back to port. Look for the little bar down an alley with a view of the ocean. Look for the little bar in another alley, but no outlet on the other end. They were quiet places that the locals frequent. Good atmosphere, great conversation, and interesting people.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
Don't go to Margaritaville unless you need to check it off your list. When you get off the ship, go left and pass all of the "tourist" stuff. Look for a little shack on the beach, literally- a shack. It's not large. Just big enough for a little counter, one stool, and a boom box. They sell cheap local beer. Best drinks all day long. There's nothing I love more than a good view of the ocean with cheap beer. :)