Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

I highly recommend this cruise!

Sail Date: October 04, 2014

It's been many years since I've cruised with Carnival and things have changed.  They've given up the beautiful ice sculptures and some extras but the prices are more affordable and amenities are still above average.  The employees worked hard to insure that you had everything you want and always went a step above!  We loved our room with a balcony - there was ample room to store our belongings and still have space to lounge in.  The entertainment was very good - the band was great!  There were loads of great tours to chose from and we enjoyed our stops in Cozumel, Belize & Isle Roatan.  The water was crystal clear & the reef was awesome!  (Costa Maya didn't have as much to do or see.)  My largest complaint is that they sell you bottled water and the water fountains didn't always work.  My greatest compliment is that the employees worked very hard (from the time you hit the port to when you depart) to make sure you have a fantastic vacation!

Cruise Photos

The entertainment was good but the band was GREAT!
Cozumel, Belize & Isle Roatan were great. Costa Maya was disapointing.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We highly recommend the tour of the Secret River!
Belize City, Belize
Zip Lining and intertubing the underground caverns was awesome!!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Beautiful island and reef!! The underwater Boss was a blast!!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Not much there.

The pictures are very expensive and if you want to drink bottled water take your own. The tours were awesome. Don't worry about tips on board - Carnival automatically charges them to your tab. I would do most of my shopping before Costa Maya.