Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Western Caribbean cruise Oct 5-12

Sail Date: October 05, 2013

We enjoyed ourselves.   I have been on better cruises.  I have food allergies, but was told when signing on that there would be no problem getting what I needed to eat.  Wrong!  When I was on a cruise last year with another cruise company, I was asked to email my food restrictions to the food department several weeks before the trip, a typical menu of what I at on a daily basis, & what foods I needed to have daily: for example --natural, unsweetened yogurt, raw almonds, sunflower seeds, zucchini squash, romaine lettuce.  They made sure those foods were on a board for me.

There needs to be more hand sanitizing lotions available and visible to guests.  They were few and not obvious.  On other cruises they were everwhere and crew there to remind & dispense.

The ship was very clean and the crew very considerate and helpful.

I was disappointed to learn that the new CEO of the cruise lines is taking 15% off the gratuities for the workers.  That is terrible!!!  That is exploiting good people who work hard and make great personal sacrifices so they can support themselves and their families.  That left a bad taste in my mouth.  Shame on Carnival Cruise Lines--taking advantage of less fortunate, and less advantaged.