Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

excellent except for weather

Sail Date: March 02, 2013

the crew and ship were very wonderful. All the staff was friendly and personable. The ship was always clean and maintained..

There were two port days that were dampened by the bad weather. Half Moon Cay was a beach resort island with nothing more to do than drink on the beach. The weather that day was the coldest it has been in years so it was hard to enjoy the beach. The beach was still beautiful and the scenery was very eye opening.

St. Thomas was another port but the weather was overcast when it was not raining. The locals were very friendly and we still found interesting things to do.

San Juan was excellent weather and very nice to look at. The historics were interesting but I wish we could spend more time there because there is so much we wanted to see.

Grand Turk was awesome!!!! I definately recommend a stingray excursion. The only draw back was that Margarittaville was over run with drunken college kids on spring break so I didn't get the whole Jimmy Buffet experience...just a bunch of club music and kiddy contests. About a day and a half later, a lot of people, ladies especially, got very sick with a 24 hour flu-type bug. I heard today that they shut that port down for a while due to people getting sick there. That was a smart move by Carnival. They need to protect their passengers the best they can.

The food was excellent and high class. I wish I could take more cruises but the airfare and my weight scale would kill me. Our state room was beautiful and very well kept. I felt like royalty the way we were taken care of. I can't wait to go again.
Miami, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
would have been better with warmer weather
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
a little rainy and mostly for shopping
San Juan, Puerto Rico
a lot of history here!! excellent culture.. dive right into it
Grand Turk Island
the islands and water/beaches are magical

definately hit the martini bar and see Mirko. he is difinately a mixologist. the fruit in the drinks are better for you than all that sugar in the syrup mixers. oh...and don't forget about the cigar lounge. our bartender Yoga, was awesome