Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Expectations

Sail Date: March 11, 2007

The ship met my expectaions, I was expecting a Holiday Inn type room with similar ammenities in the rooms. If you so chose, you could have been entertained by the ship for 24 hours so there was plenty of entertainment. Overall the ship/room/entertainment were good-great

Pros: It was a clean ship with plenty to do

Cons: Food in the dining room was a litle dissapointing

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I had never been to the bahamas so this was fun, the cab drivers were friendly and cheap, from the port to the town about 5 bucks per person. Town was ok, typical port some shopping and bars with a few cigar shops and duty free liquor shops. The beach was enjoyable and not terribly crowded.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Terrible, Expensive drinks, cheasy shops and no beach what so ever. This was the most dissapointing aspect of the cruise. They have a pool because you are not allowed in the water where they drop you off. It's mexico and I paid 5 bucks a beer and 10 for a margarita. You can tell the cruise ships own this port. Don't waste your time with this port
George Town, Grand Cayman
Fantastic, Me and my wife rented a jeep, took the top off and drove east of town. If you are like me, I like to see small towns in the carribean and on the east side of the island was the most undescribable water you have ever seen. We went to the blow holes and spent some time there. My favorite thing we did that cruise was just drive east on the coast and see the little towns and see all the small beaches.
George Town, Grand Cayman