Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We had FUN!

Sail Date: March 11, 2007

The Liberty is a beautiful ship. Once we got used to the layout it was easy to navigate our way around. Our room (5A - Porthole) was very roomy and had a very large bathroom (compared to other ships I've been on). There was a great amount of storage and we each had our own closet. The only negative would be the food. The meal we ate at Harry's ($30/per person) was excellent and I couldn't understand why they couldn't serve the same caliber of food in the dining room. The lobster tail on formal night and the chicken I had the first night were the only entrees that I enjoyed. I had chateaubriand and a vegetable lasagna the other nights that were totally inedible. I ended up ordering mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables the last night - just to be sure there was something I could eat. The soups and salads were good, but portions were very small. If Carnival can do something about their food - they'll have a real winner. Breakfasts were ok in the dining room but lunches (other than the Deli) were also not very good. I actually did not gain a pound, which is always my concern when I cruise.The shows were good and entertaining. We were on Spring Break week and the ship was extremely crowded with rowdy kids all week - some of them - not on their best behavior. Chairs were also hard to come by if you didn't get down to the pool area by 8 a.m.
We enjoyed the ports and had a shortened time in Costa Maya due to a medical emergency when the ship had to turn around and go back to Grand Cayman.

Pros: The Liberty is beautiful.

Cons: The Food

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We had reservations to take a private ruins tour, but due to our getting into port late; we were nervous about the time, so opted to spend the day at Majuhual at Cat's Meow. We had a great time there and enjoyed Costa Maya. Wished we had more time to spend there, but we had early dinner seating and it was the final formal night and we wanted to go back and get ready for dinner.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We did the jeep tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got to see alot of the island and then spend a couple hours at the beach. Very good.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
George Town, Grand Cayman
We had 8 ships in port the day were there, so it was extremely crowded. Enjoyed the Butterfly Farm and then Sea Grape Beach, but again, very very crowded.
George Town, Grand Cayman