Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

:D

Sail Date: September 15, 2015

This ship is smaller then some but I loved that the rooms are all balcony rooms.  The staff was wonderful.  Food good.  Carnival is very proactive in making sure all beverages are purchased from them.  We found out 5 days in that they sell a 12 pack of bottled water for $3, so check that out in the beginning.  The bottled water in your stateroom is almost $5 for one bottle.

Loved having a balcony room! I will never go back to inside stateroom.
Our fav activities were learning the Hula and Ukulele lessons. I wish I could remember their names, they were wonderful! (and very appropriate for a Hawaiian Cruise.
A special pat on the back to our dining room servers, Raphael & Randolph, our stateroom attendants Wayan and Hector. Also, the Cruise director Jen, who seems to work 24-7 :D
Pretty tough to cook for thousands of people at a time, but with that in mind the dining room had some great dinners. We don't care for buffet dining, but they did a good job on the lido deck.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
We love Vancouver BC. We didn't spend much time here but have in the past. 2 activities we enjoyed were renting bicycles and riding around Stanley park, and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
Hilo, Hawaii
Rented a car and headed for the Volcano. There were 4 of us and we wanted to do our own thing. The shuttle buses were crowded and the car rental companies are only allowed to take their own patrons making some buses over crowded and others with only 2 passengers. When we arrived to pick up our car, the line was so long at our reserved company, we opted for a different company. I recommend taking a taxi to the airport at this port.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Nawiliwili, Kauai
A short 10 min easy walk to town, or again, rent a car. Very easy and lots to see.
Kahului, Maui
Loved Maui! Rented a car and headed for Lahaina. Lots of beaches, restaurants and shopping.
Honolulu, Oahu
Spent a few nights here at the end of our cruise. Favorites are the Polynesian Cultural Center and Kualoa Ranch. We would like to spend more time at the North shore. We rented a Condo at the Iliakai. A great choice. Rent your car from the airport here. I paid $50 for a taxi to pick up our car off site. Also, very little parking in Waikiki, and expensive. So don't rent a car if staying in Waikiki or plan to spend $35 extra a day for parking.

We traveled 5 days at sea before our ports of call. If I had it to do over again, I would take the other cruise flying into HI, do the ports of call then the 5 days at sea.

1 Comment