Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Third Mate

Amazing cruise

Sail Date: July 03, 2013

This was an amazing and interesting cruise. It was also exhausting. We visited 6 ports taking Carnival excursions in Berlin and St. Petersburg. The excursions were very well run although long and tiring since there was so much to see. We had a difficult time with money. Everything I had read said that ATMs were the best way to get it but in several cities, we didn't see any. I wish Carnival had explained more about where & how to get money. The Legend is a beautiful ship. I've been on 12 Carnival ships and this is my second favorite after the Paradise. The staff and crew were great. Food was okay but it is the same on every cruise so it gets a bit boring. However, the price was right and we've never really been disappointed in a Carnival cruise.
Children's Programs N/A
Dover (London), England
Just a small town that the ship sails from.
Copenhagen, Denmark
VERY expensive. I'd been there before so just did some walking.
Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany
Berlin is beautiful. Lots of history. I'd love to go back there.
Helsinki, Finland
Just a big city with not much to do.
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Tour was very regimented.
Tallinn, Estonia
Beautiful place. Not a lot to do but would be a very relaxing place for a vacation.
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Everyone needs to see Amsterdam at least once. Make sure you take a canal tour.

We usually get an inside cabin but this time we had an obstructed view cabin. It was great. Same price as inside but with French doors that opened and a bit of a view between the lifeboats. Lots of fresh air.