Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 31, 2013

I was very disappointed with my cruise, specifically the service and dinning room. This was a last minute cruise for us and we pick Carnival despite the recent troubles. When we first arrived everything seemed fine, with a very helpful staff. However, after the second day on board we had to ask that our room be cleaned. We could never find our room attendant and I had to track down a manger to ask that it be cleaned. This went on for four days, I will say room cleaning did get better the last two days of our trip.
As for the dinning room the service here was below the standards of a Ryan's steak house and the food was not much better. One night our table ordered drinks the waiter brought the half of the order and never came back. After about 20 minutes of waiting, through the started and after the main course was brought to our table, i went and got the rest of our drinks from the bar myself. The food was sub par at best in the dinning room. For example I ordered a prime rib one night and to say that i had better prime rib at Ryan's is doing Ryan's a disservice.
Because of the service and food quality we ate most nights at the buffet and generally the buffet food was at least on par with Ryan's if not a little better. And I will say that we ate at the on board steak house one night the food and service there was outstanding the way your whole ship should be and what i expect.
Now my views may be taken as just a bad trip and exception to the other guest. But I can tell you that the lack of service was begin talked about by other guest. It seemed that about half of the people we talked to had the same experience. Some had outstanding service will others could not get there room cleaned
The ship was fine.
see other statement
no kids
Tampa, Florida
Belize City, Belize
Don't stay in the city get out
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
great place, must see the west end
George Town, Grand Cayman