Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Curse of the Carnival Legend

Sail Date: March 10, 2013

I totally understand that our ship had propulsion issues and the Captain was very precautious in making his decision to cancel 2 of our ports. Our cruise was still up to excellent standards and all the ammenities and staff were superb. I also appreciate that the Captain added Costa Maya to our visits when not able to reach Belize. But, I am disappointed in Carnival. This is one of 4 ships in the past month that has had issues...3 just last week. Although we received a $100 on board credit each, an opportunity to take a future cruise at 50% off (details are very sketchy and not provided when we inquired at guest services), and a free glass of champagne at one dinner, Carnival is still benefitting by this. By missing 2 ports and having an extra day at sea, guests spent more money in the gift shop, in the casino, and at the bars! Also, return guests at 50% off will still contribute to additional revenue for Carnival by enticing guests to take another cruise with them even if they may have chosen something else next year. I work hard as a single parent and save up before our vacations and I choose the ships based on ports and attractions. I did not get to Belize City nor Grand Cayman. Last year, I specifically chose Valor 8 day to attend Nassau so we could go to Atlantis. Due to a medical emergancy the night before and turning back towards Turks and Caicos to air lift a passenger off, our visit to Nassau was cut short and our excursion to Atlantis refunded. I understand that this was an emergency however, this is 2 years in a row that I did not receive what I initially planned and paid for.
Ship quality was fine despite the mechanical issues
Sunday breakfast was chaos. Since our rooms were being cleaned, everyone was forced to wait elsewhere and the buffets were crazy. Then the staff started to close down the already congested breakfast buffets to prepare for lunch for on coming passengers.
We missed 2 ports
Tampa, Florida
Despite the monsoon, it was fun.
Belize City, Belize
Did not get there :(
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Despite the monsoon, diving was superb but could have used an extra hour in port (shorter than the rest)
George Town, Grand Cayman
Did not get there :(

If using Serenity for 21 and over...get there EARLY!!! before the college kids take over.

1 Comment