Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

What a Great Cruise

Sail Date: September 11, 2011

Overall, this was a great cruise. I would recommend this ship to anyone. Overall, the friendliness of the staff set this cruise apart from the rest. The crew made it a very memorable experience, especially the dinning room staff.

Pros: the service was absolutly great

Cons: the booking process was my only complaint

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Great room size for a ship's cabin. I had a private extended balcony on the very back of the ship. Its not quite as private as the regular balconys (due the privacy wall being cut at a 45 degree angly rather then a 90 degree angly as they are on the sides of the ship) but if your neighbor is as friendly as mine was it doesnt pose a problem. My only complaint here was that my guard rail was also set at a 45 degree angle and obscured my view when I was sitting on my chair on the balcony. Also the bathroom in the cabin was a decent size.
By far the best and friendliest service I have ever experienced. My waite staff especially (Ali, Jose, and Randy) made our experiance wonderful with their friendly and fun loving attitudes during our dinner meals. Also Trey (the ship's shopping specialist) was very helpful with shopping at the ports. See his presention if you go, he saved me a good deal of money with his discount cards.
There is somthing for everyone. Plenty of variety. I went on a 7 night cruise and never got bored. My favorite was the comedy club, I would recommend going at least once.
The ship was great, very well maintined from my perspective. Everything was well kept and very clean.
The food was actually pretty good. It was much better then I remember from my last cruise (which was with Royal Carribean). I recommend the flat iron steak, that was my favorite. Also the 24 hour pizza bar was pretty good as well.
Belize City, Belize
Belize was really amazing. We had a great tour guide named David. I learned a lot about the country on our Crystal Cave Tubing excursion. From the port, it was about an 80 minute drive to get to the site. Along the way we got to see a great deal of the country, and learned a lot of interesting facts as well. Cave tubing was a great experiance.
Don't Miss: Crystal Cave Tubing excursion
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Honduras was a ton of fun. If you stick to the port, its kind of pricy and is totally touristy. There is a beach right there at the port, which is really nice. I saw across the street the zip lines, but I did not go so I can't comment on them. If you go hit up Fat Tuesdays. I went and everything gets hazy after that....great drinks though.
Don't Miss: Fat Tuesdays
George Town, Grand Cayman
Beautiful Island. Its still under Brittish control so our money is worth less then theirs is. I ended up paying about $15 for a cheese burger. Its expensive, but the beach is really beautiful. If your feeling like shopping and dont mind spending the money, this is a good place to do it. Tons of shopping.
Don't Miss: 7 Mile Beach
Here we went shopping. The Mexicans can be pushy if your not used to dealing with it. This was my 2nd time in Cozmel, my first trip there I went to Xel'Ha, which was a great excersion. If your just into shopping though there is a lot to be had in Cozmel. Cheap prices too.