Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My cruise was okay, could have been bett

Sail Date: July 03, 2011

The ship was nice, like a large hotel. It would have been nice if it had been clearer to determine which direction was the front of the ship and which was the rear. Many maps available, but easy to turn yourself around as most of the ship looks the same.

Pros: comedy club

Cons: not enough on ship activities second half of cruise.

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The mini bar could have been a bit larger. Too few outlets - I use a CPAP machine and the only outlet was across the room. I had to use an extension cord which made a tripping hazard.
The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, engaging, first-rate.
At the start of the cruise we very much enjoyed the activities available, but found that near the end the variety was less as well as a lighter schedule. We were bored the latter part of our cruise.
Desserts were usually bland, there were not a lot of basic food choices in the main dining room for my husband who is a bit picky.
Belize City, Belize
I would have liked to have more access to the city itself. I enjoyed the port, but felt that I didn't really experience Belize. We had the option to go with some of the locals, but did not go early enough to take advantage of this.
I wish I had known that the only part I would have access to without an excersion was tourist trap for souvenirs. I do not feel that I explored this port of call.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The best port for us, just beyond the pier was the city, you could explore on your own or hire locals to take you around. We did book the sting ray city/rum point beach excursion. We did wish we would have known that the sting rays were literally in the middle of the ocean. My husband does not swim and was not comfortable getting out in the middle of the ocean. It was still beautiful and we enjoyed the beach, just wish we had been given a better understanding of the excursion.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras