Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise

Sail Date: December 05, 2010

We loved this cruise, but then again we have loved all of our cruises.
The ship seemed somewhat worn but still clean. The food was better than some of our other cruises, but the entertainment was not as good (in our opinion).
I did not like that the kids were suppose to wear bracelets if they were under 11.
I think a better method should be established. First they could ask if we intend on leaving our kids in Camp Carnival (which we did not) so the bracelet wasn't necessary.
They switched the order of the ports which caused us to spend $20 on internet fees to correct an excursion booked. I understand the change, it happens. What I thought was strange was that they offered us a free phone call to correct the problem but refused a few minutes of free internet time to correct the problem when I told them the place required an email. Just strange to me.
We still had a great time and we would sail Carnival and the Legend again.
We thought the food was actually quite good in the main dining room considering all the food they make in one evening. Breakfast seemed just average, not great, not bad. I did like the buffet quite a bit too.
I would say that Carnivals entertainment could be a little better. I did not see all the shows, but I did not like much of anything I saw.
We had no problems with the staff and actually thought our dining room staff was the best we ever had. Our room steward was never without a smile.
Overall, it was wonderful, but like I said I've never had a bad one yet. Cruising is my favorite place to be so it would be pretty hard to have a bad cruise.

Pros: Food, staff, size of ship

Cons: entertainment

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

I didn't see a whole lot of things I wanted to do, other cruises to to offer more that I liked. I also think Carnival could step up their main shows.
I like the size of the Legend, I thought it might feel small but it did not.
It was very hard to find a place to eat inside by the buffet. We did manage to find outside seating by the aft pool so that was our "spot".
The balcony seemed very worn, the cabin itself was in decent shape but it really could use some updating.
I loved our waitstaff in the dining room I don't think we've ever had better. Very personable, helpful, and funny guys. Our room steward was always friendly and happy.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We didn't tender into the area we were suppose to because of wind so we weren't able to snorkel like we were going to. We decided to go to Seven Mile beach so we did not do much or see much here. The beach was nice though.
We went Nachi Cocom here. Nice beach and decent food.
Belize City, Belize
We went to Altun Ha ruins. I would recommend this stop. Very interesting with great views from the top of them.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We chose to take a private tour with Victor Bodden. These guys are great and come highly recommended every time they are mentioned. We went to the Iguana Farm (not really worth $8 but fun if you want to feed Iguanas). Carambola Gardens, very nice. Tabbyana beach was very pretty.