Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We had a great time on the Ledgend

Sail Date: December 07, 2008

I was impressed with the staff,especially our waitress Bojana from Bosnia and Steven from the phillipines (table 369)Also the photographer took alot of time with us getting a good picture,and our room stewart from Guyana kept our room very nice.(rm.1211). The music on the ship was very good we enjoyed the 3 music groups,especailly the big band and violin trio.The selection of food was excellent , and the quality was good and fresh.The salad bar was very varied with lots of options and good mesculin lettuce.I did not like the plastic coffee mugs in the colors,they reminded me of institutional ware.I missed not having the piano bar open.The last day the ships Dr. came on the T.V. and talked about the Noro virus,after we got off the ship that day and were at the airport,my husband became ill with all the symptoms.He was checked out by paramedics and they said it was the virus. We had to delay our trip home. The day before we disembarked I had a milder intestinal problem on board.We were aware and washed our hands frequently,but I don't think the sanitizer soap is effective against the virus. Yes, we liked the Sushi Bar alot,and high tea!!The broadway show of old broadway tunes was excellent as were the stage sets.

Pros: The big band, the violin trio, the food

Cons: the casino smoke and noise,the tacky decor

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

ejoyed having our local denver station on the t.v.,our room was very clean,but we are used to thicker matresses with padded topping.
the pianist and violinists were very good.There were alot of varied things to sign up for on the shore,but costs alot.
very clean
The meal at night was always excellent with good desserts.My waiter ,Stephen,never forgot my cappuchino after the meal.Bojana was very sweet to us.396# table.I did not like being interupped during the meal by "showtime"every night.
especially at our dinner table
this town is ruined compared to how it was 20 years ago.It's too commercial uptown and has lost it's flavor. You have to go further out to get to good snorkeling and beaches
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We only walked around town,but it has the look of a tropical,Hawaiian island.The people were friendly,but the town had some very poor people and housing.
Belize City, Belize
we only walked around town and it was a little intimidating.You have to be careful and alert.It is a third world country.