Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

The Captain's Heart

Sail Date: June 03, 2016

Yes I do recommend the cruise to others; and as a matter a fact, we are introducing my brother and his wife to their first cruise this December 2016. We are so excited to get them hooked! ~~~My favorite part of the cruise was being introduced to Captain Vincenzio Miele's heart. My Down Syndrome son was so excited to meet him (and the staff) but I did not have a camera to snap a picture of the moment. Captain Miele simply said, "Come over here, let's take a picture." He ordered the cameraman to remove a Roman style bench and the Captain and Art took 3 different poses: the salute, the handshake and a thumbs up. The next day the Captain had the pictures delivered to our cabin as a gift. The tears just rolled down my face in gratitude for such a powerful demonstration of kindness. Those picture will hang in a very special place in our home. !Gracias!Love

Cruise Photos

Our room steward (Ida) was simply fantastic and ready andwilling to assist us and our request. Because my Down Syndrome son is on a respirator the wall bed did not work, so we all shared a bed and believe it or not....plenty of room and oh so comfortable. Next time we will get a larger room.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Construction was going on so it was quite confusing to arrive to the terminal. I am sure however the next time it will be easier. Personally I rather get shuttled from a hotel (spend the night the night before).
Ensenada, Mexico

Pack 1 luggage to exit off the ship quicker, but make sure you get your breakfast first on Lido deck!!! Take time to know the ship and walk to the different places and talk to staff; they are so kind and friendly!