Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Perfect Family Getaway

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Our favorite part of the cruise was the waterslide area to splash around I'm. I like that it is located in a more private area of the boat. It was convenient having SOOO many deck chairs that we never had that awkward moment of having to sit right next to someone that may have been sunbathing or taking a nap. What we also enjoyed was the Hasbro game show. That is an exhilarating event and a great way to break the ice at the beginning of the cruise. Fun for the whole family. The area that may need some tweaking was the magic show. I hate to take negatively about someone that is trying to master his art, but it was not a great act. Oftentimes we were ready to leave when we would see his performance. Not only was it maybe boring, but he didn't seem to have much passion for what he was doing.

It was very comfortable and the kids really liked the fold down bed idea. I Made, I believe his name was, did a wonderful job of keeping our room looking great, fully stocked, and comfortable to come back to each night.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
One of the guys in front of the parking garage who was directing the people flow once we were disembarking, was kind of rude to my husband when he was simply asking about where to pay for parking. We are used to paying for it before exiting, so we asked the guy and he gave my husband a very sarcastic, get out of my face kind of answer. Not a good note to end the trip on.
Catalina Island, California
Taking a tour with the golf cart on your own is the way to go. We booked our cart online and got 3 hours for the price of 2. We had plenty of time to explore all that we wanted to.
Ensenada, Mexico
The La Bufadora tour was great. We had Ana as our tour guide and she MADE the trip. Lots of great tips and warnIngs in order to have a great and safe experience. Bonus, she was funny and easy going too. It's a beautiful tour, with lots of information/history. Here's a tip though, don't wear anything that makes you an "easy sale" to the local vendors. (Ex:our son had his Green Bay Packers jersey on and EVERY booth had "the perfect item" for him.)

Make sure to get early dining seating if you want to be able to go to all of the shows. Also, the Blue Iguana restaurant on the Lido deck makes delicious breakfast burritos.