Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Amazing Vacation

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

My family and I took the 4 day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada.  This was the first cruise we had ever taken and I was blown away by the amazing service and entertainment available on the ship.  The staff were friendly and really worked hard at making us have a wonderful vacation.  The rooms were always clean and we loved the towel animals left on our bed every evening.  The food was delicious and there were many selections to choose from.  I really enjoyed the lobster tail and the prime rib that I ate in the Spirit dining room during the Elegant evening.  The comedians were very entertaining and there was literally something to do for all ages.  The only disappointment was that we were not able to port in Catalina due to bad weather, but that is something out of Carnival's control.  I feel that the entertainment staff on the ship (Goose, Ryan, and Pablo), did a great job at providing extra activities for the passengers due to having to be an extra day at sea.  The ship never felt crowded and I absolutely loved the Serenity Deck.  I am "hooked on cruising" and I plan on booking a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise next.  I will stick with Carnival.  They really take pride in the service they provide their guests and truly make it a memorable vacation.  Happy

Cruise Photos

Children's Programs Not applicable. I did not use any of the Children's programs.
We were not able to port in Catalina due to bad weather; however we enjoyed Ensenada. We did not pay for the $15.00 tour that they try to sell you on the bus into the city. If you are not interested in the bufadora and only want to shop, I recommend saving your $15.00 and staying local. It is safe and their are great restaurants and shopping.
I was amazed at how smoothly both processes went. Don't let the lines discourage you. Carnival has an amazing and organized process.
The room was perfect for the two of us. Our son stayed in my sisters room with his cousin. I feel three to a room would be a bit crowded for my taste but doable. It was very clean and the service was great. The only tip I would provide is to take an air freshener (one that does not plug in since outlets are limited) to be placed in the bathroom.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California
We could not port due to bad weather conditions.
Ensenada, Mexico

Enjoy yourself, you are on vacation. Try new foods, and take advantage of the great entertainment.