Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

I would do it again

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

The cruise was a lot of fun! There are lots of activities to do on the ship (pool, hot tub-especially the one on the serenity deck, bingo, casino, shows, competitions, etc.) This first day my husband and I won and excursion for Catalina. The waters were pretty rough on our trip due to a storm, so we were unable to get onto Catalina Island. However, they allowed us to choose an excursion in Ensenada instead, and we had an additional fun day at sea. All of the staff were very kind and helpful. The dining room was very nice and the food was great! I was a little motion sick for the first few days due to the choppy waters, but it got better. They clean the room twice a day and print out a list of activities available as each day comes. All in all I would probably do it again.

The entertainment was good, but a lot of it seemed inappropriate for kids.
I think Catalina would have been awesome, but we were only able to stop in Ensenada. It was pretty and our tour guides were great, but the main strip of the city was packed with vendors trying very hard to try and get you to come into their shop and buy stuff. You can get some good deals if you barter but just walking down the street takes up a lot of energy!
We ended up being assigned and interior state room with a queen bed on the riviera deck at the back of the ship. It was bigger than we expected and was kept very clean. It was also conveniently located a few floors below the serenity deck and the buffet.

Try and make it to all the activities happening at the Dynasty Theater. There are giveaways and raffles, and you can win good money playing bingo (you have to buy the bingo cards but it's worth it). Eat in the dining room as much as possible!