good quick fun

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Moderator
Contributor Level: Captain

4 Night Catalina & Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 07, 2015
Ship: Carnival Imagination

I take the 3 and 4 night cruises out of LA when I get a good price on them and have time.  The Imagination was good.   The ship is clean,  great room steward staff, great Buffet staff,  great Cruise director,  game shows by the staff were fun,  show in the showroom was good and Serenity deck was kept clean.  The only negatives were the MDR,  slow service and never a hot meal and the towels in my cabin had holes through some of them.  The Guest services desk was polite and professional.  The Sea day Brunch was the highlight of the food for this cruise,   only hot meal I got in the dining room.

Catalina Island is nice to get off the ship and walk around,  grab lunch and an Ice cream.

This trip we took the Shopping tour in Ensenada.  We did that for the stop at the Santo Thomas Winery showroom stop.    The tour was nice.    Good Margarita at the first stop was included.  Second stop was the Winery for tasting of wine, Olive Oil with bread and cheese.  I bought 2 bottles of the Port and one Olive Oil. The third stop was down town for shopping.   What can I say it is  Ensanada,  Since I was just with a buddy we did get asked if we were "Looking for a Date?"  and on the other side of the street when walking back to the buss asked if we needed a Massage when we said no thanks it was added we would enjoy the ending.

would make it to great if dinner would have been hot.

Be sure to go to the Deli for a sandwich, good Pastrami. If you want to see more of the entertainment go for the early seating for dinner.

It was much cleaner then it used to be 10 to 20 years ago.