Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

staff interaction

Sail Date: October 12, 2014

This was my second cruise since tips are automatically deducted. I have taken about 14 cruises over the years, and I now find that waiters and particularly our  cabin steward,was less friendly, and helpful. We were on our honeymoon ,and  were keeping a bottle of Clicquot champagne on ice to pop on our last night. Our steward seemed to almost resent giving us ice. Maybe the ship should let us get our own ice like at a hotel if it is such a problem! On cruises past, workers would converse and be very pleasant. We actually got together one year with our waiter for drinks in Cabo. Now they barely acknowledge you. I can only assume it is because they are guaranteed their tips, so it is not so necessary to interact. I know their jobs are demanding and long, but this cruise was so much less personal, and enjoyable. I will say we will of course cruise again, hopefully with better results!

Cabin / Stateroom If you take your own bags off, Empress deck disembarks quickly, we were off ship by 9 am, with no crowding.

We always try to stay on the Empress deck. It is very central, and disembarking was very easy!!