Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

So amazing that even though I had seasickness I would do it again and again.

Sail Date: May 25, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

The staff are amazing and the ship was really, really nice. Easy to negotiate and find my way around. The cabin was just the right size and I loved finding the towel animals on my bed each night and the fact that there was turn down service (with mints). This was my first cruise (first time on the sea at all) and I want to do another one soon. The cusine was amazing, so much so that I tried escargo for the first time because I knew it would be cooked to perfection (and it was so I loved it!!!). The pork chops the first night were not as spectacular as all the rest of the food (I sampled almost everything on the menu between my friend and I) but a little tough. And the Carnival chocolate melting cake is TO DIE FOR!! I had it every night but one and that one I wished I would have gotten it, not that the dessert I got wasn't amazing, just they melting cake with ice cream is addictive!!!! I loved the game show and did I mention the amazing staff. They are from so many countries and so the cruise had an international flavor. They each went out of their way to make me feel so special (except the one customer service woman who I think was latino and rude) I loved that the final night in the dining room, there was a special show (I don't want to give it away) I have been telling everyone I know to be sure to go. The excersion I went on to the blow hole in Ensenada was super fun with a really great guide. The scenery on the way was so good, I recorded most of it and then went through picture taking as well. If you are wondering if this cruise is worth the cost...GO FOR IT. You will not be sorry you did. Love  One great thing is there is an 12 step meeting on board for anyone who cared to attend. The atsmophere is one of a great big party and most everyone was so happy!!! The alcohol served to others was not excessive so we didn't have people all over the place being obnoxiously drunk.

very pretty but a little dated
amazing amazing amazing and did I tell you amazing food!!!!
I am really bad with names but there were three. One worked at the embassy bar where I went for ginger ale lots. One worked as a waiter at our table one night (we ate as you like) and another waiter who worked the last night with us!!!
loved the game show and wish I could have gone to them all. seasickness (not nausea just dizzy) had me opt out on a few, but I got to watch them taped in the room the following day!!!!
Children's Programs not sure, didn't have kids
loved the first night dance party and had lots of fun
we just walked around Catalina Island at our own pace but there was so much to do and see at both ports, I left before I could do all I wanted. Great excursion that we went on.
It wasn't as small as i expected (especially for the price I paid for the cruise) but it was cosy and they made good use of the room. I would have loved to do the larger cabins as i heard how nice they are, but on a budget (I didn't even know I would ever be able to afford one) they are great!! Thanks for the amazing memories Carnival.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
I loved having the valet service for my luggage and the luggage handlers loved that we didn't eat any of our fruit on the drive from utah, because they got it all and they actually cheered. The guy who took our luggage was surprised when I tipped more than a dollar per case. It made me happy that he was happy with the tip.
Catalina Island, California
I wish there was an arrangement for us to be able to see the casino without doing an excursion. but what an amazing place.
Ensenada, Mexico
If you go to the blow hole, unless you really want to spend alot, don't take too much money or plastic. To get to the blow hole you walk down a street with many vendors who are harking their businesses. I really prefered the shop with blown glass right after you embark and disembark.

For a quick meal or even a snack, the lido deck had quick and great service. I slept in one day and went there for an omelet my way and loved the pancakes. I don't know if the seasickness patches would've been better pills available at the customer service desk to buy, but either way start em early.