C-

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Horizon

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 07, 2019

Ship: Carnival Horizon

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 2301

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Having been on 11 cruises, I found this one most disappointing. I for sure would not go on a cruise with the same ports of call. I may go on the Horizon again if it was going to places I wanted to see.

Embarkation

Very quick and efficent

Ship experiences

Our wait staff did not have sufficient time to get our meals to us at a reasonable time even with pre-ordering our meals the night before. They really tried, but just didn't have the time to properly serve our large table. The extra cost lobster was mouthwatering, unfortunately, when order from the nightly menu not as good.

Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ Smokehouse Brewhouse

Nice to be able to eat there for lunch without extra charge.

Ocean Plaza

This is where I spent most of my cruise. Loved entertainment here

Reflection Restaurant

Food preparation and selection was pretty good. It took too long to get food and it was usually cool by the time it got to the table.

Liquid Lounge

Not enough good seating. Sound system way to loud.

Lido Marketplace

Buffet was mundane. Deli and Omelets where great.

Guy's Burger Joint

Pretty good burgers.

Really did not find any activities that I wanted to do. I was looking forward to using the swimming pool, but I did not want to share it with a bunch of kids. I could not find any "adult only" pools available to me. Was looking forward to Sky Cycle, but it was not working.

Really enjoyed Pier Pressure. I found the troupe in the Liquid Lounge unremarkable and the sound system was so overly loud I had to wear ear plugs. The guy that MC'd most of the events (I forget his name) was just way to over the top and was mostly annoying. The Murder Mystery game was .... dumb.

Carnival Multiplex

Loved it, but would have liked to see more showings of the documentaries and a bigger variety of movies.

Carnival Seaside Theater

Fun to watch an outdoor movie.

All service staff was excellent. Always friendly and helpful.

Having sailed on several Carnival ships, I was not impress with the Horizon. I was really disappointed that there where parts of the ship I could not go to, Havana Pool and Spa and Family Harbor, because I didn't pay extra for the cabin in that area. The floor in the Market Place always seemed slippery. Definitely not enough restrooms in common area; 3 ladies toilets on the Lido Deck, come on!

Even with 3 adults, the cabin was comfortable and room steward was wonderful.

Ship tip

Check all to ammenities before booking to make sure they fit your expetations.

Ports of call

Grand Turk Island

Waste of time

La Romana, Dominican Republic

Top 10 Tour was not so go, Only the Casa de Campo was the only thing on the tour worth getting off the ship and then there wasn't enough time to explore it completely.

Willemstad, Curacao