Destinations great, ship not so much

Carnival Glory Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises
Helpful Vote: 1

Overall rating:

Carnival Glory

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 08, 2019

Ship: Carnival Glory

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1430

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Most of the staff were good. The ship is not. Don’t recommend.

Embarkation

It went pleasantly well.

Ship experiences

I wasn’t impressed with the food. The buffet wasn’t good at all. The dining room food was better, but not as good as on the other ship I’ve been on.

Nightly entertainment was pretty good. During the day, there wasn’t really anything to do. Loved the love and marriage show. And the adults only comedy.

My youngest son loved his club. My oldest enjoyed the staff. He was kind of bummed though because most of the time he was the only one who would be there. On other ships there were usually plenty of people for him to hang out with.

Room steward and dining room staff was great. 5 stars with them. The service desk staff, well. Hum. I’ll say only one or two stars.

It stank. In the elevators. In our room. Down the hall. The air conditioner in the cabin didn’t work correctly.

Air conditioner didn’t work. Never got fixed.

Ship tip

Don’t go on this ship. It needs to be dry docked for repairs. They have known for a long time that the sewage system has issues and have done nothing about it. There was literally sewage dripping from the ceiling. They had the hallway close to my cabin blocked off, tarp on the floor, buckets and garbage cans catching the drip. The smell was horrible. We complained at the service desk several times and nothing was done. They gave us a credit for $240. I wish they would have kept the money and moved us to another floor. Air conditioner in the cabin didn’t work. The neighbors were very noisy all night, several people complained about them (we didn’t, but our other neighbors said that they did) nothing was ever done about it. We will never choose the glory again and will probably never choose Carnival again.

Ports of call

We enjoyed this port.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Enjoyed this port very much

New Orleans, Louisiana