The first 4 days were great, then all went to sh*t

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Glory

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 15, 2019

Ship: Carnival Glory

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 7315

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was my 4th cruise with Carnival, and likely my last. The food was mediocre, the ship shows age, the cheers alcohol package is total crap. I had 4 margaritas in a row and asked the bartender if they were putting any alcohol in the drinks, he asked if I had the cheers package to which I replied yes, he said the alcohol is from a different bottle if you have the package. People- I believe they water down the liquor for the cheers package. A couple days in, I realized this after drink upon drink and still looking for a buzz. Once I realized this, I drank beer the rest of the trip. They can’t water down pre packaged beer. I spoke to different guest about the package and they had the same experience. Jamaica was great, we didn’t port in Grand Cayman due to the weather, Cozumel is beautiful but over ran with junk dealers. Our ship hit another ship with attempting to port at Cozumel- they attempted repairs until around midnight and took off for New Orleans with a hole in the ship. The ship wreck was to the dining room we used, so- that was no longer an option. Due to the bad liquor practices, the ship wreck that delayed us about 7 hours and rough seas for 3 days I couldn’t wait to get off the ship.

Embarkation

Quick and painless

Ship experiences

Overall, the food was only ok. The sushi restaurant has a couple decent rolls, the buffet is good for breakfast not so much for lunch. Guys makes good burgers, and the seafood shack is pretty good.

The comedy shows were good. Keon Polee is hilarious!

No small children in our party

The staff is probably the best part of the experience, they do everything to make your stay a little easier.

The ship is older, and it shows especially in the dining room, and the carpet throughout the ship.

We stayed in a grand suite, I can’t really say anything bad about the room. It is a good size room with a nice oversized balcony and big bathroom. The carpet needs replaced and the bathroom needs a little more bleach in the crevices of the tub.

Ship tip

Bar service is best at the bar next to the casino. If you find jewelry you want at the jewelry store wait until the last day of the cruise to buy. If you have the cheers package stick with beer and shots because they don’t put much alcohol in the mixed drinks when you have the alcohol package.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

It was easy on, easy off

Montego Bay, Jamaica

We visited Rose Hall plantation, our tour guide was great- he took us to a restaurant in town that was super cheap and delicious. He also took us by a private beach m, he was very good at his job.

George Town, Grand Cayman Did not visit port

Weather was bad and port was closed

This place is awful! It’s very pretty on Cozumel but the Port is full of junk shops and begging a$$ people- everything is at least 50% cheaper when you get out of the terminal area and into the city. Our ship wrecked when pulling into port.... that was awful.

Disembarkation

We were suite guest so we had priority disembarkation- we were off in no time, security was very fast as well.

Traveler Photos