Disappointing.

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Glory

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 27, 2019

Ship: Carnival Glory

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1259

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

There was something wrong on this ship The atmosphere heavy, not the usual light-hearted, happy feeling I get on a Carnival cruise. The crew seemed worried/anxious; I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong. Really brought the experience down. The overall rating has come to 4.1, but I would only rate it about a 3 experience.

Embarkation

Aside from a rude worker in the parking garage, embarkation was very smooth.

Ship experiences

I enjoyed the dinners and brunches, but not because of the food. It is good but not anything special. As to flavor, I have to give Guy's Burgers the top rating.

Did not use those listed above. Some of the games were fun, but the hosts need a bit more training.

The stage shows were fabulous. We had seen a couple before but the terrific cast made them new again. Musicians were also very good, but please back off on the loudness when performing in the Lobby.

Our room steward Kandy was the best. Very attentive, kept the room immaculate, and was always cheerful and very, very helpful. Although he was not our room steward, Darsana always had a ready smile and greeting when we met in the hallway. The Dining Room Hostesses (Jovana, Svetlinka, Rachelle, Ariena, and Maria) and our wait staff (Leomar, Dexter, and Ronellio) were wonderful They saved the dining experience. These folks made the cruise for us and this is why I rated this category excellent. The rest of the crew was not the usual happy, smiling crew we've come to expect on Carnival.

The ship layout is not one of my favorites, but it didn't keep me from coming on the cruise. Overall, I thought the Glory was looking a bit shabby. A lot of windows were extremely dirty, layers of fingerprints on shiny surfaces and glass, decks looked dirty, chipped paint, broken corners and varnish worn away on wooden features, and dusty in the Red Sails Dining Room.

Perfect size for two people. The temperature was just right. The cabin was kept immaculate. Hallway noise penetrated but it was quiet otherwise.

Ship tip

I would not recommend the Carnival Glory.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

Things seem to be well-organized but execution not so much. We manged to get on the ship, so I guess that's what counts. Did not take an excursion.

No excursion, went on our own. Fun place to wander around.

Disembarkation

We were back-to-back, so our disembarkation and re-embarkation were not good. Very poorly organized and ship's crew were not particularly friendly or helpful. We made it, but it was painful!