Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Never again on Carnival

Sail Date: August 13, 2016

First of all, in my opinion, the food was terrible.  The buffets were boring and the lines were much too long.  I could NEVER find a bagel or piece of bread that was not ice cold at the breakfast brunch. There were not enough tables. By the time you found one the rest of your food was ice cold and you had to start all over again and leave a family member alone at the table to save it!  We were 3 people, in the dinning room, they put us at a table for two and added a chair. Why would you do that...even a table of many would have been better! When I spoke to someone at the desk I got an attitude when they had to find us different accommodations. I got a huff "wait here".

I took my 10 yr old granddaughter with us with the impression there would be a lot of things for her to do...WRONG....not even the pool slide was working!!

The pool was much to crowded, one could not even turn around once you got in!

The lines at the "customer services" took too long also. There were two people working and 15 people on the line, but there were PLENTY of photographers to take your picture though!

I do have to say that the waiting staff and the cabin stewards where terrific. They made it a little easier to take the bad along with the good.

I was told by a few people before we booked the cruise that I should not do Carnival....now I understand why!!!! Surprised

NO I will not recommend Carnival to a friend...I want to keep them as friends!!

OHHHHH!!! one very important thing....MOST of the crew that were serving or making food did NOT wear gloves...especially the ones making the pizzas. They put on the cheese and toppings with their bare fingers. That should not be allowed at all. But I did notice the ones who WERE wearing gloves were the people cleaning the tables.  I guess the cruisers have more germs than the crew!! Angry

Our steward was terrific. My granddaughter loved the towels made into animals. He kept the room spotless and respected our privacy when necessary.
Where there any?????????????????????
The shows were OK...nothing to write home about when you hear other ships have "Broadway" like shows.
All the crew members were terrific. The dinning room and room service was great.
The customer services lines were much too long with not enough people to help.
The dinning room food was subpar, how can you ruin prime ribs??!!
The buffets were much too crowded and people were fighting when people cut in line just to get some toast. It is laid out all wrong too!!! Bread in one place, butter and cream cheese in different locations...it was not a pleasant eating experience. I enjoy sitting down to a quiet meal...not hustle bustle that was very Unpleasant!
Miami, Florida
We live in FL...
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the "swim with the stingrays" It was a lot of fun. Other excursions are much too expensive
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Not much to do there after we were told not to travel by yourself....the crime rate is very high! Sounded to dangerous to me! Excursions much too expensive!
Belize City, Belize
Nothing much to do in Belize, the excursions are much too expensive
We did a last minute shopping and beach trip...the bus ride was nice, we got a great host who told us about the history of Cozumel. The beach they took us to was terrible!!! The shore was so rocky you could not walk into the water without almost breaking a leg. They never bothered to make a path. All the passengers were helping each other in and out of the water so not to fall and injure yourself.

If you want decent food I think you will have to pay for it in the extra restaurants. We did not do it...refused to pay more money!