Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Handicapped Requirements

Sail Date: May 07, 2016

The cruise itself was ok and there were many staff persons that were friendly and helpful. We booked a handicapped room. We received a call that there wasn't a true handicapped room it was a partial. We asked what that meant. The agent said that the bathroom was a little smaller but that my husband could make a three point turn in the bathroom but that everything else was the same. Later I called the ship to see if we could change it. They told me they couldn't help me because I had booked with an agent. Then they put me on hold for a very long time to 15 to 20 minutes. They came back and said they had checked with the ship personnel and everyone in the regular handicapped rooms were in electric wheelchairs. They couldn't use the bathroom in a partially handicapped room. When we got to our cabin what a surprise. My husband had to get out of his wheelchair and on the bed so I could fold up the wheelchair so that I could close the bathroom door when I needed to use the bathroom. With the cabin that small we had many other problems just making it through the week. The bathroom however would have accommodated an electric wheelchair or any wheelchair. When we disembarked for one of the excursions they made my husband walk down four flights of stairs so that he could not get off the bus during the excursion his legs just couldn't take any more. When I asked an office for help after one flight she just looked at me and said "No" turned and walked away. Throughout the week and in disembarkation there not only weren't any electric wheelchairs all most all of the people disembarking in wheelchairs were in Carnival wheelchairs and we had seen them with canes throughout the week. I think there were two that had scooters with them. We celebrated our anniversary during this cruise. What a disappointment. We will not cruise Carnival again.

If you have no special needs the cabin was ok. The cabin steward did everything she could to help.