Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Cruise Director

Oh Canada

Sail Date: June 18, 2011

I was not really feeling this cruise as it approached because we were supposed to go to Mexico but that fell through. The night before we left I thought to myself that I was in it for the food.
Let me tell you, I am glad my family talked me into going with them. Canada is so beautiful and clean. People are so nice that they stop you on the street to talk to you. One guy stopped me to tell me about a building across the street. He said that way back when the owner wanted to build it, city council was giving him a hard time. Finally when he did build it, he put faces on it, some animal and some that represent city council members. Refer to picture below.

The weather was beautiful. At the one shop we went a lady told us it had rained for days before we came. We had 2 days on land and they were both nice.
The ship was clean, the crew was awesome and so was he food.
I am really glad I went.

Cruise Photos

Our cabin was a balcony all the way up on deck 9. By day 2 we had discovered a shortcut to the lido buffet. It was really close to our room.
Get there early and you can get on early. Getting off however, much slower.
The ship was very clean and nice.
We booked our excursion on the ship very last minute and got the last 2 seats. I recommend booking them early.
Always something to do such as shows, eat, trivia, eat, comedians, eat and eat.
I have no kids but those in my group that did have them didn't see them much as they were at Camp Carnival.
We went to see some shows and comedians. All were good.
Crew were all very accommodating.
Food was awesome as usual.
New York, New York
If you get there early, you get on early.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We did the Peggy's Cove and Titanic tour. It was very surreal :( We went to Fairview Cemetery and saw all the graves, some had names and some did not. We then went to Peggy's Cove. I sure wish I could have spent more time here. It so beautiful. We went up to the lighthouse and we spoke to a local store owner.
Saint John, New Brunswick In St. John we just walked around town. A police officer rolled up on this little vehicle that you stand on to drive. He started chatting with us and must have seen something in my face because he asked if I wanted to get on it. OH HELL YEA!!! I could not believe he asked me that. What a great photo op.

I always wake up earlier than my non husband so I would order room service breakfast, mostly salmon, and I would go out on our balcony ans eat that and have my coffee and then when he woke up we would go to the lido breakfast.