Great Bahamas cruise

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Norfolk Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 19, 2013
Ship: Carnival Glory
This was my second cruise. Hadn't been on one since a Carnival Cruise to Mexico in the 80's so I was excited too see if I had the same impression. Went with my whole family, including 2 sons and sister's family who were first timers.

To begin with...it was a good deal for what you get. 5 Nights 6 days of constant entertainment. Food was really good and freshly prepared...even the buffet. Room was larger than my last time and steward was attentive. I don't recall his name but he was the most positive and friendly person I have met in a long time.

Time in port was not real long but gave you a good half a day to check it out. They offered lots of excursions but we were more of the do it yourself type and hailed a taxi/van to take us around the island.

In closing I would say that cruising is what you make of it. There is plenty too do if you just choose to do it. Huge exercise facility, many clubs, gambling, pools, hot tubs, secluded deck areas, constant music around the ship, contests and activities, shows. The only thing missing is having to drive too them.

If you are budget minded like me, you can buy a bottle of alcohol onboard (cheaper than back home) and take it too your room. Alcohol is expensive at the bars. Get the buttomless bubbles for unlimited soda for $6 a day.

This was the best.

Everyone was very friendly.

Lido deck for great buffet and omlet's. Burgers by the middle pool tasted like hand made angus and our lunch on most days. At the dinning room you can get more than one starter or main dish if you want.