Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Staff

Sail Date: March 17, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I have been on man cruises before, alot of the ships are multinational ships, and this was no exception, th staff made this cruise, yes the ship was beautiful like a few others out there, it was more colorful than most but the dining for me was not the best, the food was good but bland, the times in the dining room were bad as we had late seating with 2 small kids so it was hard and when we did make it to dining , only 1 time we were stuck in a corner, and were ignored, waiters were fair even though theyh had fun with others we were ignored, so if you have small kids at late seating i would recommend you change it, they do offer anytime seating but we couldnt get in so we buffett the whole time, also we did not get into the steak house on our anniversary my long pants got ruing by an exploding ink pen but I had nice khaki shorts and nice button down colored shirt with new loafers and my wife was dressed to kill, we were turned away, we were disappointed for sure, the camp was great for the kids but the tipping was out of hand for the kids, my kids only received special treatment at camp and therefore while we did tip the camp carnival we thought they should not have to tip the wait staff since there mother and I tended to all there needs and the kids were pretty much ignored, not like on a disney cruise where they are superstars, but the cruise was very good for the family,as the ship had alot to do, it was very nice and clean and overall a 4 star, not a 5 for sure even if we went alone without kids 4 and a half would have been at best because of the food quality, and the rooms which were good and clean but small, and the personel which were excellent except for a few of the norweigen and india people whom seemed annoyed to serve you, the filipino, thai and balinese where 10 star and you could not have asked for better anywhere and were the best I have ever came across, went above and beyond the normal service , if the rest of the crew did this it may have gotten a 5 star with better food and dining but with those 2 things it deserves a 4, my brother recent came off the dream with a mostly India staff and said it was not very good he liked the ship, but the food tasted like everything had curry in it and the staff was a dud, glory should stay with the filipino and thai and balinese staff totally and they would be better off, i dont want to sound prejudice as I have some indian friends and norweigen also but it seemd those from countries where they are not as needy dont provide a great quality of service as those whom are 3rd world even though i would not consider thailand 3rd world anymore. the balinese should also be mentioned in this for sure they were also friendly and great, I would take this ship again with different itinerary or same with same staff only and maybe carnival can upgrade it by adding filipinos and thais and balinese more to the ship and getting rid of the rest.
Miami, Florida
Belize City, Belize
didnt go and was there before on another crusie it stinks
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras not enough time there got stuck on carnival island and overpriced for honduras
George Town, Grand Cayman

best staff ever, use only filipinos and thailanders and balinese and they would be hard to ever beat with service, the rest of the staff from caribbean to indian were not so family friendly or good. and some seemed annoyed