Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Probably Not Coming Back

Sail Date: September 01, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I am not sure if this trip was worth the money, as my mother brought us all on this cruise to celebrate her 70th birthday. The most important part was that we were all able to be together.

Pros: Our waiter, Room

Cons: Food, smoking

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

We went to an 8:30pm shopw with our family ad some of the content and costumes were not appropriate for children under 10.
The food was not that good. Buffet breakfast and lunch was ok. OAs part of the buffet, they had a Mongolian Wok, but we were told by people ho stood in line that the wait was 45 minutes to an hour. Dinner in the dining room was nice. Our waiter, Jovan was fantastic. He had a great personality, sense of humor and the patience of a saint. Which came in handy because most nights the food took a SUPER LONG time to get out of the kitchen and onto our table.

Additionally, my husband was in the elevator with two girls. One was telling the other how her boyfriends face got smashed into th plexiglass sneeze guard on the buffet line because he cut the line and aggrivated someone. I don't think I want to go on a cruise where someone cuts the line AND someone has anger control issues.
Our room was great. It was spacious. The bathroom was a bit on the small size, but I did not feel cramped when I was in there. Everything was very clean.
Jovan, our waiter, was top notch! He always made sure we were happy, and if not he did everything in his power to fix it.
The kids always came back from "camp" telling us about their fun-filled days
Saint John, New Brunswick
Not much to see or do here.