I survived Huricane Irene on the Glory

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

5 Night Canada/New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 27, 2011
Ship: Carnival Glory
Well we left 2 hours early to avoid the huricane and we were able to get into our staterooms at 1:30. In our stateroom we found all the normal things you would expect, but our cabin stewart Juan was excellent! It was my nieces 1st cruise and she was so supprised how friendly the people were. Our cabin was in the middle of the ship so other than our closet and drawers opening and closing a few 100 times we faired the storm well on the Glory. The deck areas were kept very nice and clean. The bathrooms not so much. The ship was good for what I payed. You get what you pay for.

The food was ok but the service is what kept us comming back to the dining room every night. Glen, Freddy, and Joshua were the best waiters I had ever had and I have traveled many times on many lines.

I think they lack in this area. Not a lot of info or reminders on activities. I heard the cruise activity guy on the loud speaker for thing like bingo and port shopping info, but I never saw him once on the ship!

The staff that we directly were in contact with every day was awesome.

You might consider some strong magnets on the cabin doors and drawers so when the ship is rocking the drawers are not opening and closing by themselves all night.

Pros: Our cabin stewart and waiters

Cons: FOOD

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.