A horrible experience

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

5 Night Canada/New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 02, 2011
Ship: Carnival Glory
The ship was dirty, and the decor was tacky.

The service was awful, even though it was not really the staffs fault. They had 2 waiters serving 10-12 tables. The food was mediocre at best, I could have eaten the same at home, for a lot less money.

We never knew what was happening anywhere, and the only thing we did know about were the nightly shows, which were slow moving and not entertaining.

Whereas the staff seemed to be friendly, they did not seem to care. I could ask 3 people the same question and get 3 different answers. I wanted to know when the buffet opened, so I asked someone, and they said it was open on the other side of the room (they had 2 seperate buffet lines). I went to the other side, which was closed, and they said to go to the other side, when I told them it was not open either, they shrugged and pretended no longer to understand english.

On the first day, the first thing I noticed was how dirty the lido deck was. they had pillars, and they were caked with grease, and then a layer of dust.

Our stateroom was fine. It was comfortable, but the walls are paper thin so you can tell exactly what your neighbors are saying.
Even though it was foggy. It was gorgeous.
Beautiful.
Don't Miss: Whale watching excursion

Pros: Our stateroom attendant was wonderful

Cons: The ship, the food, the service...all awful

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.