Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

60th Anniversary Cruise - Best Family

Sail Date: September 11, 2010

Our group of twelve booked this cruise as a celebration for my parents 60th wedding anniversary, and have all agreed that it was a great way to honor such a special occassion. The ship is beautiful, very clean, and the best staff we have experienced while cruising, although we have no complaints about the staff on former cruises, this particular staff were a notch above, added personal touches and were so friendly, we loved talking with them and getting to know them a bit personally.

Pros: Evening meals - wonderful staff

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

The shows in the theatre were the most disappointing part of the cruise, this is a family ship and many of the show were not what I would consider family entertainment. We did love the enterntainment on deck 4 in the evenings, Joel and Danielle (I believe that was her name) we decided they were much better than the entertainment in the theatre...and again, so personable, just delightful!
Absolutely no complaints, I would definitely cruise on the Glory again!
The food was excellent, especially in the dining rooms, great selections and always so delicious and prepared with such a flair, I can't imagine why anyone would complain about the food...it was wonderful!
Staterooms are never huge, but adequate. We had three in a balcony room and never felt crowded, it is amazing how they utilize the space. Very comfortable and clean!
Our room steward, Igede (not sure that is spelled correctly) was absolutely wonderful, he continually went above and beyond what we were expecting to make our stay enjoyable, he truly was the best!

Our dining staff (tables 194 and 196) Janell, Fernanco and Kelston were great, always there to get us anything we needed and so personable. They all worked very hard and went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time...and we loved the dancing! They helped us order a cake for the 60th anniversary evening (sugar free as my dad is diabetic) and sang to my parents when they delivered the cake. In rating the overall experience I would say that the staff made the cruise an "over the top" experience!
Portland, Maine
We also visited freeport and Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
Beautiful city, especially the park in the center of town
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Enjoyed Peggy's Cove, and I think we would have loved shopping in Halifax but time did not permit.
Boston, Massachusetts
The freedom trail and market were great. We also went to the Kennedy Library. My first time in Boston and I plan to return