Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

This ship could give you cancer

Sail Date: August 15, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My family and I had a miserable experience due to the amount of smoking allowed on the ship. There were few public areas we could go to without cigarette smoke permeating the air. We couldn't go into the casino, we couldn't even sit in any area on that entire section. We couldn't go into the shop due to a bar right next door to it with it's door always open and the smoke coming out. We couldn't use the internet without walking through a smoking bar! We could smell smoke coming through the vents into the hallways. We could smell people smoking in their cabins. We saw people smoking outside on the "non-smoking side of the ship - not one ship employee asked them to move. We saw people flicking ash on the deck and off the side of the ship - not one ship employee stopped them. It seems Carnival has all the regard for smokers and none for non-smokers. We were confined to our cabin for most of the cruise due to the unbreathable air. My husband has an allergic reaction when he is near smoke as does my 9yr old daughter. When we brought our concern to the guest service counter, the employee simply looked amazed and said "I do not smell smoke." Not a helpful response.

I have been on other Carnival ships and other lines and never had the smokers be so intrusive. I am very disappointed in this ship and the employees lack of requiring guest to adhere to the rules - Isn't flicking ash off the ship deck meant to be a fire hazard?

Pros: Balcony room

Cons: cigarette smoking everywhere

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.