Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Glory - Sept. 9-16, 2006

Sail Date: September 09, 2006

The ship is large, 110,000 tons, 952 feet long. I had not been a fan of these mega-liners in the past. This, though, was a very easy ship to get around and you never had to very far to find what you were looking for. This is a ship for the very, very active cruiser. If you enjoy entertainment and activities, non-stop, as well as being fed 24/7, then you've found your perfect vacation. If you are a more sedate traveller looking for rest and relaxation, then I would look elsewhere.

Pros: This was my 30th+ cruise, although my first on Carnival. Carnival has non-stop entertainment that other cruise lines can only dream of. If you like to be entertained, there's no better cruise line. Carnival also has the

Cons: Everyone slamming cabin and balcony doors 24/7. Shipmates were very inconsiderate of others. Had to call security to quiet some unruly teens across the hall at midnight.

Carnival has the "casual dining" concept down cold. From 24 hour pizza (excellent) to a sushi bar (average, not great) to a deli, fish 'n' chips, oriental, and an outdoor grille, there are many choices. That, and a half dozen buffets as well as the dining room and room service options. The quality of all the casual restaurants and buffets was very good and very consistent. The quality of the dining room was hot and cold. There were some excellent dishes and some blunders as well. Service, though, was always top notch.
Ship is very large, but layout makes it feel much smaller. I had a midship balcony cabin on deck six and was close to everything. Ship was exceptionally clean and well maintained. That is something I am particularly sensitive to. It is a brightly decorated and colorful ship. With 3,000 fellow passengers on board, I never felt crowded. There are 22 bars and restaurants on board, so finding a place to fill your needs is easy.
I had a balcony cabin, midship, deck six. Being close to elevators, I was one deck from the Casino, two decks from the dining room, three decks from the Lido, and three decks from the Lobby Bar. Stateroom was very clean and comfortable. Had a lounge chair and straight chair with a small table on the balcony. Bathroom was stocked with shampoo and liquid soap, his and her razors, toothpaste, and lotion. Hair dryer was also included. Having a refrigerated mini-bar was convenient for cold drinks and bottled water.
This was probably one of the friendliest staffs I've ever cruised with. There was always someone asking me if they do anything to help, or get me something, or, just strike a conversation about where I was from and tell me about themselves. A very enjoyable staff. Never a harsh word or bad attitude from anybody.
There is no equal of variety and quality of entertainment on abord. If you're there to just relax, this is probably not the best place to cruise. If you like a non-stop, fun filled, crazy, hectic vacation, then Carnival is the place to be. They start at sunrise and shut down in the wee hours, everyday.
The beaches of Paradise Island and the Atlantis Hotel are must sees.
Cozumel has been devasted by hurricanes the last few years and is in a state of rebuilding. The people are friendly and I always look forward to going there. The beaches on the west end of the island beautiful. Beware of the street vendors hawking overprices T-shirts.