Longer Cruise because of Hurricane Harvey

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Freedom

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 19, 2017

Ship: Carnival Freedom

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7216

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Our cruise was impacted by Hurricane Harvey. It his Galveston and Houston while we were out in the Caribbean. Our return was delayed and we stopped in New Orleans a couple of times to get supplies and allow people to get off. The crew did an AMAZING job during our stay. CNN was on the big screen at the pool showing the flooding and rescue efforts in and around Houston. I had many staff members ask me about my family and home. They were concerned about what displaced people would do. In the dining room Alexander, from Bosnia, was part of our wait staff. He treated us like part of his family. I learned about his home and plans for the future. He also asked about home and family to make sure we were all going to be ok. Our cruise director, Malcom, did a great job conveying information. He was professional and informative balanced with the right amount of humor and fun. I look forward to cruising on the Freedom again soon and hope to see familiar faces.

Embarkation