My wife and I had a great time celebrating our 15th anniversary!

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Western Caribbean
Sail Date: February 27, 2016
Ship: Carnival Freedom

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay on the Carnival Freedom.  We had previously taken a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Elation and had mixed opinions about the cruise line as our point of comparison was a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise that we had taken several years before.

We decided to give Carnival another try with this 7 day cruise and this time, they met or exceeded our expectations.  The food in the Posh dining room was excellent, and I also had no problem finding good food in the buffet dining area.

Our stateroom on deck 8 was also very comfortable.

I would highly recommend this cruise  to anyone looking for a getaway.

The only reason that it rated 4 stars instead of 5 was that I did not like the way that the "Pixels" photographers crowded the Promenade Deck.  I also did not like the smoky smell on that deck as it ran along one side of the casino.  My experience is that Royal Caribbean does a better job of keeping the cigarette smoke in their casinos and out of common areas.  The  RC photographers are also much less intrusive if you don't choose to have your photo taken at every opportunity.

Promenade Deck was crowded with photo equipment and stank of cigarette smoke outside of the casino.

Cabin was very clean and quiet. Steward was excellent!
Georgetown shopping area was nothing special. Will book excursion on our next visit to the island.
Montego Bay is not a pedestrian port. Be sure to book excursion if you wish to get off of the ship.