Guess I'm too old for constant noise!

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Western Caribbean
Sail Date: February 27, 2016
Ship: Carnival Freedom

I had not been on a cruise for 6 years due to a family illness.   I was struck by there being no place to get away from noise on this cruise.  That many people make a lot of noise but the added noise just about everywhere except my room was too much for me.  I found no place to sit and read a book in quiet.  Also the excursion I did in Jamaica was awful.  We did not go any place interesting and the tour guide had no interesting info about the island to share while we were stuck I traffic which was most of the time.  The ever presence of trying to get us to spend money was kind of shocking to me.  Especially the photo deal.  3 or 4 would have been nice but there were at least 10 pushes each day to have a picture taken.  Too much.  And for the first time ever I had to walk out on a show due to the filthy content.  We did discover the non X rated comedy show and enjoyed that very much.  The other was so dirty it made me very uncomfortable as it did others I talked to.    Our room was great, clean and comfortable.  The staff was very good, always friendly and helpful, especially the cleaning folks and food service folks.  I had a great time, it was a worthwhile week.

Always cleaned well and in timely way. It was comfortable.