Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Beautiful ship and incredible staff.

Sail Date: January 30, 2016

The ONLY reason I couldn't give 5 stars is because of the my experience on the Serenity Deck. This deck is beautiful and has chairs, beautiful sitting areas, hot tubs, cute little hideaways at the very end of the deck, etc.... The only problem is that I was unable to relax because of the loud music on Lido Deck.  It is even fairly loud, even up on Serenity.  I was so excited to read about the Serenity Deck on the ship's website because it seemed like a quiet place to escape to.  Many other people I came across on Serenity had the same problem. I had earphones with spa music playing and could still hear the loud music on Lido!!!  Can something not be done to decrease the volume a little of the music on Lido Deck?

Cruise Photos

Our cabin was wonderful! Very clean and the storage was great. We brought 5 suitcases and even after we put everything away and stowed our suitcases, we had a ton of storage left over.
The ship and our stateroom were very clean and very up to date. Beautiful ship! My only complaint is that every time I was on the Serenity Deck, loud blaring music from the Lido Deck made it impossible to read or sit and relax. Many other people I met on Serenity felt the same way. The thing I looked forward to the most was being able to relax on the Serenity Deck, just as the website description stated. Unless it was 3 am, there was no peace and quiet because of LOUD, LOUD music. In addition, when I ate on the Lido Deck, I had to scream across the table to be heard because the music was way too loud. I understand this is a "party" deck, but it's overkill on the volume. Bring it down a notch!!!!
Really enjoyed the towel animal demo and Thomas Kinkaide lecture.
The staff was incredible and bent over backwards to help my wheelchair-bound mother. The service EVERYWHERE on the ship was great!!! Our steward Manuel was incredible and so nice!!
Galveston, Texas
We drove in on a Friday afternoon the day before the cruise. Traffic was HORRIBLE and it took us 2 hours to get through Houston. Perhaps, coming in during morning hours would help.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico

You have to try Guys Burgers! Fantastic!!!